LIMONCOCHA + YASUNI 4 days / 3 night
All about the LIMONCOCHA + YASUNI 4 days / 3 night
What to bring? Items you will need
- A hat
- Long trousers (not jeans) for walking in the jungle
- Long sleeved top or light sweater
- Insect repellent
- Sun Cream
- Shoes (We supply boots but we suggest bringing a pair of light shoes for walking in the cabanas)
- A small bottle for carrying water
- Long pair of socks
- Light rain coat
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
What's included in this tour Items that are covered in the cost of tour price.
- All meals, (breakfast lunch, dinner)
- Rubber boots
- Accommodation – mosquito nets included
- Motorised canoe
What's not included in this tour Items that are not covered in the cost of tour price.
- Entrance to the Community Añangu $20 per person
- Transport by bus from Tena to Limoncocha Reserve ($13.00) Return ($13.00)
Arrive to Limoncocha. Activities around the cabins
- You will arrive in Limoncocha at approximately 4.30am.
- From here you will travel by motorised canoe for 20 minutes across the Limoncocha lagoon to your cabanas in a small clearing in the jungle. You will have time to settle into your cabanas, freshen up, and relax before breakfast. After breakfast your guide will give you a short orientation and discuss how to watch out for dangerous animals and insects.
- Then you will take a walk into the jungle around the cabins with your guide. This is the start of your learning process over the next 3 days about how the plants, fruits and trees of the jungle have been an invaluable source of food, medicine, wood, household items, clothing and much more for the Kichwa people both past and present.
- You will return to the cabanas for lunch at approximately 12.30pm. After lunch you will spend the afternoon canoeing and fishing for piranhas. All fish that is caught will be served for dinner that evening.
- Dinner will be served at 6.30pm.
- After dinner the guide will light a bonfire and talk about Kichwa history
trekking in the jungle, o by motorised canoe to the lagoon to see the caimans
- Breakfast will be served at 8.30am. After breakfast your guide will bring you on a hike deep into the jungle. He will continue to show you the different plants, fruits and trees and explain how they are used in the Kichwa cuture both past and present. During the hike you will see a gigantic tree, «ceibo», that are approximately 400-500 years old and you will discover the magic that it holds. You will return late afternoon to the cabins for lunch. After lunch the guide will take you to the Kichwa Family home beside the cabins for some cultural activities.
- Early evening you will go by motorised canoe to the lagoon to see the caimans, birds and luminous insects. This is a chance to spend part of the evening enjoying the magnificent night concert that surrounds you
Bird watching, survival experiences,
- Early in the morning, you will start your journey by canoe into the lagoon, to see the large variety of aquatic birds that populate this area. You will see tiny islands formed by «Chontillas» and «Asturias», an established colony of birds, and their nests that live in the reserve. You will return to the cabins for lunch.
- After lunch, your guide will take you on a short walk demonstrating along the way how the Kichwas set traps to capture animals and small birds.
- Upon arriving at the cabins in the late afternoon, you will take the motorized canoe at approximately 3:00 p.m. back through to the community of Limoncocha. Where we will spend the night in a cabin.
- 7.00 pm Dinner
Yasuni National Park, Añangu Kichwa Community
- Very early in the morning, 4.20 a.m., Breakfast
- 5.00 am departure. We will move to the Napo river, Pompeya sector. From there, we will embark on a motorized canoe down the river for 1 hour and a half.
- Entering the sector of Yasuní, we will discover on the banks of the Napo river the life that hides on its shores. We will visit the incredible clay licks, where we will have the chance to observe around 11 species of parrots and parakeets
- Then we will move to the Kichwa community Añangu, where we will walk an hour to the Tower, to enjoy a panoramic view of the tropical forest and some of the 610 species of birds that inhabit the Yasuní.
- 12.00am Lunch
- We will return to the community for our last activity. Visit to the Interpretation Center «Kuri Muyu» run by the women of the community. Here we will learn more about the Kichwa culture, mystical stories, crafts, traditions and ancestral uses of natural resources.
- We will embark again for the Napo river, until arriving at Pompeya
- Having finished our tour, we will take the bus at 6:00 pm to the city of Coca.
Your message has been sent. We will contact you as soon as possible. This message will disappear shortly.
Please fill in all the required fields.